June 28, 2010

NoStAlGiA...!!!







as i stared at the tiny little winged seeds in d backyard of my uncle's building.....


many memories came rushing into my head...


like when i was small i used to come to this place, where my granny used to live earlier..and i used to love collecting these seeds...


also i collected the snail's shells once and threw them all down once my mum pointed out that in those shells lived slimy snails....

how i lacked compassion for when my granny told me if u put salt on them, they die,....



i went ahead with a fistful of salt and put it on those and all other snails present in the garden and loved watching them froth and die......

i feel like puking when i think of this now!

i remembered playing with a snow white fluffy cat which never bit anyone, even if u hit her....and i remembered i was back there after some years searching for my snow white cat, when i finally found it, n tried lifting it in my hands, it scratched me and hissed at me...i remembered how hurt i felt....and also how joyous when my granny told me my snow white peace loving cat gave birth to a litter of kittens, one of which i had tried scooping up in my arms.. and that now she wasnt so snow white anymore but yellowish white and very old...i loved her and cuddled her anyway when i found her.....

i remembered all the times i spent with my cousins, the fun i had with them....

the voices around me brought me back to my senses...my eldest cousin with a great sense of humor, with his beautiful wife and cute kid(apu was not present), my only first cousin sister, who had gotten married the day before(which is why i was back to that same place in mumbai), my other cousin bro,ever so sweet, my youngest cousin (not present, on account of being sick, probably becoz his sister got married and we were leaving..), my aunts, whom i love and admire as much as i do my mom....my uncle(great sense of humor runs in the males in this whole family!!) his wife(always sweet and helping and supplying us with new supplies of food and tea every half an hour)and thier son(my cousin, who is v.shy but brainy n sweet anyway).......my granny, because of whom we are all here)

there is a feeling of togetherness, a feeling of belonging we have never felt in the earlier years...


i feel a good vibe as i move around everyone , a content happy feeling that everything will start getting even better


than it is now....
leaving aside my thoughts i decided to make the most out of the little time i had with them(my train left in two n a half hours), so i entered the conversation taking place...soon enough some1 cracked i really funny joke and i would remember that jovial laughter ringing in my ears for a long time....i could see every1 who had a memory connected to that place goin through a wave of nostalgia....


which made me even more determined to stop the long line thoughts in my head and enjoying every moment together with people who make my life so much more spicier, happier , funnier and worth while. so when i returned home,i wrote down my thoughts of this almost profound moment...so i can cherish this memory forever!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment